Missing your teeth is no laughing matter, which is why you’ve been reluctant to smile for so long. Not only have you lost a great deal of your function, you’ve also lost confidence. But the time has come to do something about it. Your local dentist says that you should consider the best option available when it comes to restoring your smile – dental implants in State College. As you read along, he’ll give three reasons why they are the crème de la crème of teeth restoration.
Dental Implants Explained
Dental implants are surgically inserted titanium posts that are attached to your jawbone and help to restore your smile.
Here’s how the process works:
- Your dentist first takes a series of X-Rays to make sure that there is enough healthy bone available to attach the implant to.
- After administering anesthesia, he’ll make an incision in your gums so that the implant can be placed.
- He’ll then attach an abutment (anchor) to the implant, which then attaches to a temporary fixture.
- After a period of healing and your post fusing with your jawbone, you’ll return to your dentist’s office for the placement of a permanent:
- Crown – for a single tooth
- Bridge – for two or more consecutively missing teeth or-
- Implant-retained dentures – for a full row or completely missing teeth
3 Reasons Why Dental Implants are Your Best Option
Dental implants are considered the gold standard for teeth restoration, and here are 3 reasons why:
- Sturdy Construction – Dental implants are made from high-grade titanium, which has two primary benefits: it’s a very strong material and is biocompatible. That means that your natural bone will fuse with it to form a solid foundation.
- Protect Your Facial Bone – By fusing with your jawbone, dental implants mimic your natural roots and create the necessary tensegrity to trigger the continued growth of new bone cells. This is key in preventing bone degeneration, facial collapse and premature wrinkling.
- Natural Look and Feel – A final benefit of dental implants is that by recreating the sturdiness that the roots of your teeth provide, it leaves you looking and feeling like you have your natural ivories. That means that you’ll be able to enjoy your food as normal, along with the look of real teeth!
The Time is Now!
If you’re suffering from tooth loss, then time is of the essence because the longer you wait, the more bone loss that can occur. So to ensure that you can receive the full restoration and happiness that you deserve, reach out to your State College dentist today to schedule a consultation!
About the Author
A graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Chris J. Devlin has been practicing dentistry for nearly three decades. A provider of IV sedation dentistry for over 25 years, he still strives to expand his knowledge of the latest techniques and technology by taking continuing education courses annually. You can learn more about how Dr. Devlin can restore your smile through his website.